Tonight Sara Palin was in Grand Junction. My friend Lynn invited Mark and I to go with her to Suplizo Field (Mesa State College Baseball Stadium) to see her. Mark and I thought it would be once in a life time to see the VP nominee. But then we found out they were expecting 20,000 to 25,000 people. That scared me. I am not too fond of crowds. The parking is very limited so we would have to go to the fair grounds and take a bus to the stadium. It started at 2pm and will run until 10pm on the 1/2 hour. I heard on the radio this morning that Hank Williams JR. was opening up for her. I think maybe I was more excited to see him than her. We decided not too go. The weather was rainy and it was FHE. But I was able to watch it on TV. First Hank sang "Family Traditions" part of which he sang " Sarah why do you hunt" that was cool. He was decked out in an orange #7 Elway Jersey. He stood right to the side of her and cheered her on. She gave quite a good speech. Very entertaining and real, and to the point. The crowd cheered her on, and on, and on and chanted "Sarah, Sarah, Sarah" Glad I could sit in my nice, warm, dry house and watch her. It was pretty awesome.
There is a little lady from the nursing home that is a true Obama fan. She is always watching CNBC and other news show to find out about him. She always asks me if I am voting for him. I about gave her a heart attack the first time I told her NO!!! And H____ NO!! I didn't say H____ but I wanted to. Well I told her about Palin today and that I might go see her. She said she would never go see her, and she has been involved in too much RIF RAF. She is a sweet little lady, but is a true Demicrat. If Obama wins, she will be so happy. If McCain wins, it may just do her in. Her heart may not handle it. Anyway it was kind of cool to know that she was in town only a few miles from my house.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You should of went!!
I think you should have went, too. But I don't think I would've wanted to be out in the rain with a bunch of stinky people. How cool that she went to Grand Junction and was kinda by your house. See ya soon!
Post a Comment