Sunday, November 2, 2008

Our trip to the valley


We got to go to the Valley on Wednesday. I took the kids out of school for two days and went to see our family. The kids got to spend Wed night with grandmary and grandpa Bill. Bill took Blake out deer hunting. He had a blast. The kids help
grandmary and had fun also.
I got to get my haircut and colored on Wed night. It had been two months for both Anjeanette and I. Talk about scary lookin. Of course I spent 1 1/2 days doing hair and visiting with my clients. Blake got to go duck hunting with Joel. They didn't get a shot. He and Brady got to help Joel bury his trench, It was nice because he kept them busy. Grandpa Gary took Blake pike fishing on the Rio Grande. He came home with a 9lb pike. Joel fillet it for him. We had it for dinner tonight. It was so good.
The kids got to go trick or treating with their cousins. It has been a few years since they have done this. Blake was a hunter decked out in camo, Brady was some sort of a guy in a black cape. I think he said he was a dwelf. Which is a cross between and elf and a dwarf. McKenna was an Indian and Izzy was a cute witch. I didn't get pictures of the boys, but I got some of the girls. Blake is 12 and this is probably his last year. Of course in Grand Junction they trick or treat in their teens too. They big kids (Blake, Hannah, Brady, Cody, Weston, and Olivia) walked around town with Taylor. they had fun, but wasn't getting much candy so I took them to more houses. Heather, Anjeanette and I took Kenna, Izzy, Meredith, Tate and Monte to some houses. They had a blast. We had frito pie at grandpas after. It was a fun few days, but they went way too fast, as usual. We love going to the Valley, but it was good to get home last night.
Hannah, Olivia, Meredith, McKenna and Izzy!
The kids carved pumpkins before we went to the Valley. Blake's is the first, then Izzy's, Kenna's, and Brady's.

3 comments:

Meagan said...

Cute girls! I can't believe how big they are all getting. Blake is 12?!?! That is insane. I guess we all keep getting older. Except for you and Mark of course, of whom I see no aging whatsoever.

T Huffaker and son's + Chloe said...

It was so fun to have you here. Thanks for all of the help, you were blessed with marykay for all of you hard work. Please, come back before Christmas Eve!!!!!!!!!!!

The Anderson's said...

That really was fun and your are right it went by really fast!@