Well it has been 5 days since I had surgery, and I finally feel like I am among the "Land of the Living". I was so nervous about surgery, but even more nervous about the IV. That morning I got up and put my "big girl panties on" and made it through it. Of course I through them away, because I don't want to have to use them anytime soon. That morning the nurse got the IV in the first try. Brittin called right before they came to get me, and it made me cry. She is such a sweet heart. The anesticia man came in and gave me a tequilla sunride (Sleeping med.) then a nurse came and said we need to give you a shot in the stomache. It was a blood thinner. I could have cried. I asked if she could possibly wait until I was a sleep and she said yes.
Then I was out. I was really sick when I woke up. I was nauseated. But Mark got me home and got food in my stomache and I felt better. I the hardest part after surgery was me trying to get out of bed by myself. You know you have to use those stomache muscle for alot of things. Mark took a few days off and took care of me. I am so greatful to have had him there. With having no family here, we did pretty good. He cleaned, cooked, got kids off to school and even did laundry. He hung everything out on the clothesline and folded and put away. I couldn't have asked for more. My kids didn't fight as much and were in my room checking on me all the time. Of course we had a few of them home during the week, with a virus. I have Brady, Kenna and Izzy home with me know trying to get them better before school tomorrow.
I am so glad it is this week and not last week at this time. It is all over and done with and hopefully we can get everyone healthy and enjoy the rest of our fall.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I'm glad everything went ok. I'm glad Mark took good care of you;) Have a great fall. Do you have pretty leaves yet?
Hey!! I'm glad that you are doing better! I went and looked at my phone and saw that you called...I had it on viberate, but thank you for calling! Keep getting better!
That's funny about getting up out of bed. When my mom had her first surgery (the one when they took EVERYTHING out) they had an OT come in and teach her how to get out of bed without using those muscles. It was actually interesting and quite handy! I'm glad your doing good! Tell the family I said hi.
I forgot to mention, they never did come up with a clever way to sneeze without it hurting!
I finally made it on your blog. Yup it was the @ sign instead of the . It works now. I enjoyed the blog. I'm glad you're doing well. I'm amazed that that comes on so fast. WOW. Take care and tell Mark that I'm impressed with what a wonderful husband he was.
Dani! I'm so excited to see your blog! Oh my gosh, your kids are getting so big! I miss my cousins! I'm glad everything went well with your surgery! Way to go Mark! Can I get your email so I can invite you to mine and James' blog?
P.S. My email is shawmahaw@gmail.com.
Shawna
Our E-mail is adrepmvj@yahoo.com. Thanks
Post a Comment