Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Gall bladder or kidney stones??

Last night after dinner, we went for a walk for our FHE activity. On our way back home my stomache started hurting alittle. While I was blogging last night it began to hurt pretty bad. I look a pepsid ac and thought that ought to help. An hour later it was really hurting and the pain had moved to my back. I decided to go to bed, thinking if I could lie down it wouldn't hurt. Wrong! It just got worst. It was after 10:30 and I thought I should call Heather. She had her gall bladder out a few years ago and I was thinking that maybe I was having a gall bladder attack. I know she would be in bed and could do nothing for me so Mark called the nurseline from our health insurance. They said it sounded like gall bladder. If the pain didn't go away I needed to go into the ER. I decided that Mark should take me in. We woke up Blake and told him what was going on. In the mean time, Brady had been sick that day and was still running a fever. We woke him up and gave him tylenol and left for the ER. Once I got there, it seemed the pain wasn't as intense. maybe that was because the Dr. said they would need to take blood and put in an IV. If you know me, you know that I am scared to death of needles and shots. I was ready to have Mark take me home. But I needed to be brave. The nurse came in and tried to put in an IV, but it didn't work in that little vein. She sent in a male nurse who tried to joke with me over putting a needle in my arm. Needless to say he got it in the first try. They were able to take blood outof it too. They gave me medicine for nausia and pain. My blood work came back and didn't show a raised liver enzyme, so the Dr. thought maybe it was a KIDNEY STONE. Of course I still believe it was my gall bladder. We got home around 1:30 and I was feeling great. No pain. They even sent me home with pain meds. I went to see my Dr. this morning and he thinks gall bladder. I have to get an ultra sound in the morning, so I guess we will see. I took Brady with me to the Dr. thinking he had strep. No just a virus. I got home from the Dr. and I get a call from the middle school. At noon Blake was playing football and crashed into someone and got a big bump on top of his head. The nurse was real nice and thought he would be OK. He wanted to stay at school so I didn't got get him....until 1:30 when she called back and said he wasn't feeling good. So he is home also with me and Brady. He won't be going to football practice tonight. Guess all the sick people will just stay home. Maybe we can get over our sickness. I'll report later on my Ultra sound.

2 comments:

The Anderson's said...

Dani, I hope everything goes well tomarrow. I was talking to Loralee this morning and telling her about you. She told me all the Andersons that have had to have their Gall Bladder out. Goodness its just a matter of time. Let us know what they say.

Nancy said...

Oh my gosh! I hope you are feeling ok. Good luck with your ultra sound and hopefully it won't be gall bladder (although I think it might be, it sounds like when my sister and mom had theirs)I hope that Blake and Brady are feeling better, too. We are thinking about you guys and as always you are all in our prayers:) feel better and have a great day! (if I was closer I would bring you some chicken noodle soup!