Saturday, April 4, 2009

Yum!!!!

So the other night I was kind of munchy and wanted something sweet. I got on my sister-in-laws blog and found her Sweet Seven Blog. That is a blog with recipes from her and her daughters. From there I found another blog that has the best cookies recipe. It is so easy. So I decided to share it with you all.
Cranberry and Macadamia Cookies
(Of course I didn't have those kind of nuts in my freezer)
1-white cake mix
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup oil (or 1/2 cup applesauce)
1 egg
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup macadamia nuts
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Mix all together and bake 10 minutes at 350
It makes about 4 dozen

These are yummy. I didn't have a white cake mix, so I used a French vanilla cake mix. I replaced the macadamia nuts with pecans. I did 1/2 of the dough without cranberries(I do have some picky kids). They are the best and really really fast.

I got thinking of all the different cake mixes there are. Mark loves fudge cookies with nuts and white choco chips. I can just use a choco cake mix with this recipe. I have found that I have a carrot cake mix in my cupboard. How easy it would be to add applesauce (in place of oil) and nuts and make a great cookie. I hope some of you try this. They are really great. Just ask my Bishop and his family. We shared with them.

2 comments:

provobaileys said...

I think that is going to be my next new cookie to make. Thanks.

Nancy said...

Those cookies (all of them) sound TASTEY! I will have to try them. Marilyn Harmsen used to be my VT and she brought me this recipe and all of the ingredients one month. Spice cake mix (I think you could use carrot cake)
a can of pumpkin
a bag of chocolate chips
*Mix together and bake. Fast, easy and delish!
MMMM, now I want a cookie!