Friday, March 27, 2009

Happy Birthday to Izabelle Nicole

Today is Izzy's 7th birthday. She was born at 9:53 pm on Wed March 27, 2002. She weighed 7lbs and 6 oz, 20 1/2 inches long, blue eyes with light blonde hair. I had gone into the hospital on Monday evening but was sent home Tuesday morning, because I won't dilate. Mark's aunt Deanna had died on Sunday night and I thought that maybe we would have company (We were living in Mark's parents house at the time) I spent all day on Monday cleaning. I think that is why I went into labor. I was due April 1. Deanna's family had asked me to do her hair for the funeral and I cried. What an honor it was for me. I told them I was due soon and they called me back and said they would have someone else do it. And I cried. Needless to say, Izzy was born on Deanna's birthday. Nancy helped us come up with her name. I liked just Belle, but nothing went with it. We were talking about grandma Evelyn and how none of her daughters had named any of their girls after her. Her name was Iza Evelyn. So Nancy suggested we name her Izabelle and spell it like Iza. So that is where her name came from. We had every intention of calling her Belle, but Izzy just stuck. McKenna just called her Whizabelle or Whizzy. Grand Mary, Heather and Cindy call her Belle sometimes. Izzy is quite the little girl. She is definitely her own person. I say she looks and acts like Heather (my sister) but has Grand Mary's nose. She is such a good helper. I can always count on her helping with just about anything I ask. She is a little picky with her food, but has been trying new things. We are having a birthday party for her tomorrow afternoon. She wants to open presents, eat cake and just watch TV. We are so blessed to have her in our family. Happy Birthday Izzy we LOVE you!!!!

That first picture was of her at her 1st birthday party. See Heather no hair at the age of 1. But look at her a couple years later. Lots of hair.

4 comments:

provobaileys said...

Happy Birthday Issie. You are a adorable girl.

T Huffaker and son's + Chloe said...

Happy Birthday Belle!! Hope you have a great day LOVE the Huffakers!

Aunt Nancy said...

Happy Birthday, Izabelle! Izabelle is still one of my very favorite names! Have fun being 7!

The Anderson's said...

Happy Birthday Izabelle!!!