Sunday, December 21, 2008

Busy Week


This was one of our busiest weeks so far for the month. Monday we had to feed the missionaries, Tuesday Brady had guitar lessons, McKenna had piano lessons, and Blake had Young Mens. We have a family tradition of looking at Christmas light and then getting pizza, so Wednesday we did that. Had a great time. Thursday was pack meeting for Brady. McKenna had her piano recital on Friday, and the boys piano recital was Saturday evening. Mark went with the Bishopbric to Monticello to the temple Saturday. Just plan busy. On Thursday evening our neighbors, the Pelhams(Great people) call to see if we were busy on Friday night. I told her that McKenna had her piano recital that evening. She asked if we would be home around 8pm. I said that I wasn't sure, but we could try. Her husband Tim had rented a LIMO to go and see the Christmas lights, and they wanted us to go with them. we called McKenna's piano teacher and asked if she could be one of the first students to play at the recital. She moved her to second and we were home just before 8. Just after 8 the LIMO arrived. It was a F350 LIMO TRUCK. The kids were so excited. Non of us had ever ridden in a LIMO. They had to get a stool to help us get in. we picked up Carol's mom and grandma and were off. I was worried that I would get car sick, and I did a little. Carol brought hot chocolate for the kids and of course it was stocked with water and soda. we spent two hours driving around town in it looking at the amazing lights. We found a house that had a light show to music. we tuned into 97.1 on the radio. That was so cool. We had a great night. The Pelhams are such great neighbors. They have a son, Tyler that is Brady's age. Thank you Pelhams. The kids in front of the Limo. Brady and Tyler all cheesed. And Blake and McKenna were pretty happy. Izzy wouldn't look at the camera.


McKenna did very good at her recital. The boys had a couple of Christmas duets at there recital. They did good too. After the recital, we had dinner. Their teacher is in our ward and has just 6 students. we all ate then stayed and played cards until late. This was a busy week, packed with alot of fun things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a busy but FUN week! That limo rides sounds and looks like it was a blast (what great neighbors you have). I'm so glad that your kids are learning to play the piano. McKenna looks so cute in her dress sitting @ the piano. See ya in a few days! Drive safely!

James and Shawna said...

Woohoo! Way to go! It sounds like fun to have that limo ride, and I remember how busy it can get around recital time! Hang in there, and we'll see you at the end of this week!