The kids and I got to spend 10 days in the Valley in July. We had alot of fun. We spent one night up at Monte's lot. Yes I really did go camping. My one and only time for the year. Heather, Taylor, and I got to stay in Monte's big camper with my girls and Chloe and little Monte. We had fun playing bingo, volleyball and watching our relatives at the Jack reunion.
Then after church on Sunday I got the kids ready to go to cousins camp with grand Mary and grandpa Bill. They picked them up on Monday morning and headed for the cabin. Jacks two girls were up their, Nikki and Haley. Also Britney and Breanna. They had so much fun. Alot of their Thomas cousins were up at Deanna and Dorthea's cabins.
While the kids were in the mountains, I did hair at my dads for 2 1/2 days. It was nice not to have to worry about fixing lunch and snacks for my kids while I worked. I got to have dinner with my friends Mandy and Rachael, and her husband Richard. It was fun.
On Thursday we went to the Sanford Parade. It was alot of fun. That night we had a potluck at dads for all the Andersons. We invited Elaine and Kelly and Kelanee and her family. Derrill and Coleen Westbrook and their whole family were in the Valley for a reunion. They also came to our potluck. We fed over 60 people that night at dads. We were grateful we had enough food. Monica Reese came to see Nick and picked up Mark on her way through Grand Junction. They came in Thursday night for the Celebration. I was so greatful that he could ride with her. She is alot of fun to be around.
Of course Friday and Saturday was the Big Celebration. We heard the dynimite early in the morning. We got ready and did the parade and hamburger stand. We all went to dads and hung out until the rodeo on Friday night. And yes I went to the rodeo. It has been years since I have gone. I am not a big fan anymore. But all of us (Andersons) were at the rodeo except for Brit. It was kind of wet but we enjoyed it. Saturday we did it all agia, except Mark took the boys to the rodeo. We did spend some of the afternoon with Marks parents and nieces. The kids did the carnival Sat afternoon so that they could go to the derby that night. Blake bought alot of tickets to ride and ended up getting real sick on a ride. He sold his tickets to Heather for a real good price. I kept Chloe at dads and Heather took my boys to the derby with them. I think I got the better trade. Later we went to Joel's to watch fireworks. What a great end to a great Celebration. We had to leave Sunday afternoon. It is always kind of sad to have to leave the Valley. But once I get home things are better. I rode home to Grand Junction with Monica, Mark drove our van with our kids and two of Jacks. I think I had a better ride home. No kids fighting!!!
1 comment:
I wanted to ride the Ferris Wheel but I didn't. We're glad you got to come for the celebration and I'm glad you came to the Rodeo, even though you didn't want to. It really isn't that great but I love watching people. When are you coming back? When do the kids start school? I think Luke starts on the 2nd of Sept. I can't believe the Summer is over :(
Post a Comment