Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back To School Yeah!!!!!



Last week my kids went back to school. I was ready for them to go and so were they. Mark told the kids I was going to do the hallelujah dance. Brady wanted me to record myself doing the dance. Of course I didn't do the dance, but I was excited to come home to a quiet house after work.



Blake is now a big middle schooler. His school starts at 7:30. That is a big adjustment from elementary. They start at 8:50. The first day, Brady was up and dressed even before Blake. We are all trying to be up by 7 to eat and read scriptures. About 6:50 that morning there was a knock on the door. It was Blake's friends that live across the canal from us. They were there to walk to school with Blake. He hadn't eaten or read scriptures. Mark was going to drive him to school that day anyway. They still come by for him, but no until 7:10. Thank goodness.




Brady and the girls were so excited the first day also. I took them to school on my way to work. We took McKenna to her class first, she is in 3rd grade. We went to Brady's class and met his new teacher. He is in 5th grade and on youth council. It was Izzy's turn and she held my hand really tight. The closer we got to her class the slower she went. I went in and met her teacher. She was really nice, but Izzy didn't want me to leave. I sat her down at her desk that was pushed together in groups of four. She didn't know any of the kids in her group. She put her head down and was in tears. She didn't have this hard of time going to Kindergarten. I finally just had to leave her there.



When all the kids came home from school, they had plenty of stories to tell us about their first day. Izzy even had a good day. We were so happy when Brady got up so early that first day, but it didn't last. We have to almost pull him out of bed at 7. We are looking forward to a great year in school. Can't believe the summer is coming to and end.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to see you do the Hallelujah(however you spell it) dance :) They are so cute wanting you to record it! I can't believe Blake is in middle school. It sounds like they had a great first day. Have a great school year Izabelle, Mckenna, Brady & Blake!

T Huffaker and son's + Chloe said...

MOnte and I didn't know weather to cry or have a party, so we went home and did a little bit of both. It's nice to have the kids in school again.

Brittin Marie said...

Cute pictures!! Have fun at school guys!! See ya when you get here :)