About 7 weeks into football Blake fractured his foot. It all started when they were playing a real good team. Our biggest boy on our team, Charlie got hurt and they hauled him off of the field. (He ended up breaking his fibula and tibula, and had to have surgery.) About 6 plays later they put Blake in Charlie's position. Charlie plays on the line in offense and defense. He is 6 ft 4 in and about 240lbs. Blake is 5 ft 3 in and about 130 lbs. When Blake came limping off the field, I thought he had sprained his ankle. That happened alot last year. So we iced it and he was out of the game. We got him home and I got online and read what to do with a sprained ankle. We iced it for 30 minutes and then took it off for 30 minutes, and then iced it. We did it all afternoon. I got him up a couple of times to walk around, but he was still in pain. So about 5pm I decided to take him in to the emergency room. They x-rayed it and thought that maybe it was fractured. They put a splint on him and gave him crutches and sent us home. He thought it was kind of cool. But then he had a hard time with the crutches.

We went to see a Sports and Med Dr. on Monday and they put him in a cast for 4 weeks. That did it, no more football. We found out that day that Charlie had to have surgery and was out. Mark works with Blake's coach and was afraid to tell him about Blake, especially after we found out about Charlie. It took Mark all day before he told Coach Dave. Dave thought Mark was joking and was pretty bummed out to lose two players in one game. Blake went to most of the games and got to go to the football party. He says the he will not play next year, but that is what he said last year. I hope he grows a little more and decides to play. We love football at this house. Maybe Brady will decide to play next year too and they would be on the same team.

Blake got his cast off last week. They let him keep it. It stinks so bad, but he taped it back together and is determined to keep it.
2 comments:
Why don't you keep the cast and throw away the kid?
I think I will KEEP the boy!
Post a Comment