Thursday, July 9, 2009

Father's Day weekend in the Valley


We got to spend Father's day weekend in the Valley. The kids and I spent 6 days there and Mark came for the weekend. We made a plan with Joel and his family to go to the Sandunes on that Saturday. We woke up to over cast skies and some rain. But away we went. When we got there, it was packed. It was a free weekend, so lots of people were there. I was real sad because it was really too cold to play in the river. The last time we went, Izzy was 14 months old and all the kids had a blast playing in the water. This time we climbed up the dunes. I would like to say we climbed 1/2 up or even 1/3 of the way up, but it was more like 1/5 of the way up. the kids ran ahead and had a blast. They would climb and then run down the dunes as fast as they could. Then they would have to climb up again. The funniest part was Joel wanted Anjeanette to take a picture of him in the air jumping down a big hill. It took a few time, but I think she got a picture. Right before we left, the rain came. We had such a good time. The kids weren't too sad that they couldn't play in the water. Hopefully it won't take us 6 more years to go back and enjoy the dunes.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

I haven't been to the sand dunes forever! That looks like so much fun--even in the rain.