Today we woke up to blue sunny skies. We have had kind of a bad winter. Not too cold, but we had an inversion over the valley. That means very little sun. I am a sun shine person. I can only take a few cloudy days and then I go crazy. Anyway we have sun. We ran a few errands this morning when it was still chilly. When we got home, we went to work in our yard. Boy do I have SPRING FEVER. We are making our raspberry beds bigger, so Mark go to work doing that. I raked old leaves that was covered with snow early in the winter. Of course the girls found the trampoline and wouldn't get off to help, until I forced them. Mark and the boys went and got a truck load of compost. While they were gone, the girls and I trimmed 2 rose bushes that were taller than me. We unloaded compost and put some with the raspberries. I made a list of things that need to be done. The list is hugh. It will take a couple of months of Saturdays to complete. We spend at least a 1/2 day on Saturdays out in our yard in the spring. That is something I look forward to.
Along with nice weather I get SPRING FEVER with my house. Every year we try and do some repairs or remodeling to our home. This year hopefully we will be fixing our foundation. I will have level floors. I am so excited about that. Hopefully the bids come in under cost and we can put new carpet in the living room and wood in the kitchen/dining room. It won't be until April before we can get the contractors in here, but I am so excited.
I love spring in Grand Junction. We have little wind and the flowers and trees blossom so early. I do miss the San Luis Valley, but not the wind in the spring.
Some people complain about the wind here, they have no clue. All of us SLV natives know better.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We had gorgeous weather today too! Joel just kept saying, "I feel so blessed to have this day" it was warm and no wind! We know its comming but we will enjoy every minute until then! I am anxious to see all the work in your yard. Therapy!
I am just a little envious of your yard work abilities. Derek cleaned our patio the other weekend when it was warm, but I miss Saturdays working in the yard! Oh well...someday right?
I loved that nice Saturday and had proof of it at days end. I had a very nice sunburn because I didn't think I needed a hat. DUH!!! How is the pruning coming along. It was great to see you guys Love Lorie
Post a Comment